All those wanting to present a program are required to undertake Edge Radio’s compulsory Introduction to Radio Broadcasting course. The Course comprises of six two hour sessions and is run over three weeks with two sessions a week (generally a Tuesday and Thursday evening).
The course is quite comprehensive and is designed to introduce you to the world of radio and the underlying concepts and laws people in the media must follow. The course will also give you an opportunity to have hands on time with a trainer in the studio. The course costs $120 in total or $80 for consession card holders, which includes access card and Tasmanian Youth Broadcasters membership.
Different payments options are available: PayPal, Credit Card (via PayPal), and Direct Deposit. The course is also open to those who wish to learn about being a radio broadcaster but don’t necessarily want to get on air.
- Session One: Station Induction and Overview.
- Session Two: Industry Context and Media Law.
- Session Three: Planning and Presenting a Program.
- Session Four: Website Features, AMRAP Pages, and Introduction to the Studio.
- Session Five: Studio Session.
- Session Six: Studio Session.
Upcoming Training Courses
- May 3rd – May 20th 2016 @ 6pm
- August 2nd – August 18th 2016 @ 6pm
If you have any questions not answered here please don’t hesitate to the Training Coordinator via: email@example.com